Our Company treats the privacy of its clients very seriously and we implement all of the necessary security measures to safeguard the privacy of your personal data. This policy explains how we protect and manage any personal data that you share with us and we hold about you – including how we collect, process, protect and share your data. Personal data is essentially any information that may be used to identify a particular individual – including (but not limited to) a person’s forename, surname, correspondence address, email address, or other contact details.
HOW WE OBTAIN YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You may provide us with personal data either via telephone calls, email exchanges, completing any necessary forms and/or face-to-face consultations. Occasionally it may also include information relevant to client surveys.
Any data that is processed via our website or other shared network facilities used by us, it is protected by our network security, passwords, firewall security, and anti-virus software. We undertake at all times to protect your personal data in a secure manner which is in line with best practice and the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use your personal data to effectively manage your relationship with us. Specifically, we may use your personal data:
- to give you information that you request from us;
- to provide you with information by way of email regarding our services;
- to assess your suitability for a particular service;
- to process requests for our services;
- to notify you about changes to any services which we offer;
- provide you with information about services we offer by way of email.
You can opt-out of any of these data uses any time you wish by simply emailing us at email@example.com
We will keep information about you confidential and we will only disclose your information with other third parties with your express consent, with the exception of the following categories of third parties:
- credit brokers;
- insurance companies, loss assessors, regulatory authorities and other fraud prevention agencies for the purposes of fraud prevention and to comply with any legal and regulatory issues and disclosures;
- any printing agents, contractors and advisors that provide a service to us or act as our agents on the understanding that they keep the information confidential;
- anyone to whom we may transfer our rights and duties under any agreement we have with you;
- any legal or crime prevention agencies and/or to satisfy any regulatory request (including recognised practitioner bodies) if we have a duty to do so or if the law requires us to do so.
Subject to your agreement, we may use your data to send you information about products and services that we think you may wish to avail of. You may opt out from marketing material at any time.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP THIS INFORMATION ABOUT YOU?
We keep information as long as is reasonably necessary. This takes into account our need to meet any legal, statutory and regulatory obligations. These reasons can vary from one piece of information to the next. In all cases our need to use your personal information will be reassessed on a regular basis and information which is no longer required will be disposed of.
- RIGHT TO ACCESS
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) grants you (i.e. the data subject) the right to access particular personal data that we hold about you. This is referred to as a subject access request. We shall respond promptly from the point of receiving any such request. Our formal response shall include details of the personal data we hold about you, including the following:
- details of what personal data we currently hold;
- the purposes for processing the information; &
- persons or entities with whom we are sharing the information.
- RIGHT TO RECTIFICATION
You have the right to request that we correct any information that we hold about you which you believe to be inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete any information you believe to be incomplete.
- RIGHT TO ERASURE
You have the right to request that we erase personal date which we hold in respect of you, under certain conditions.
- RIGHT TO DATA PORTABILITY
You have the right to receive your personal data in a standard and structured machine-readable format and you have the right to transmit this data to another controller without hindrance from us.
- RIGHT TO RESTRICT PROCESSING
Subject to exemptions, you have the right to restrict processing where one of the following applies:
- the accuracy of data is contested by you and is restricted until the accuracy has been verified;
- the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of the personal data and instead request the restriction in its use;
- we no longer need the personal data, but it is required by you for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- you have objected to processing of your personal data pending the verification of whether there are legitimate grounds for us to override these objections.
- RIGHT TO OBJECT TO PROCESSING
You have the right to object, in certain circumstances, at any time to the processing of personal data concerning you unless this relates to processing which is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or an exercise of official authority vested in us.
- RIGHT TO NOT BE SUBJECT TO DECISIONS BASED SOLELY ON AUTOMATED PROCESSING
We do not carry out any automated processing based on automated decision-making.
INVOKING YOUR RIGHTS
If you would like to invoke any of the above data rights with us, please write to our office address.
MARKETING & ADVERTISEMENT PERSONALISATION
Subject to your agreement, we may use your data to send you information about products and services that we think you may wish to avail of. You may opt out from marketing material at any time. Many applications and websites use Google Services and, when they integrate with it, those apps and sites share information with Google for the purposes of offering an improved service that is more tailored to you.
Please note that if you have ad personalisation turned on, Google will collect end users’ personal data and will use your information to tailor advertisements that may be on interest or relevant to you, based on other websites you have previously visited. Sometimes you will be asked to provide your consent before allowing Google to use your information in this way. In the event that you wish to change or withdraw such consent, you need to visit the relevant site or app in order to do so, and this will allow you to opt out of ad personalisation and/or block specific advertisers.
Please see the link below for further information about how Google uses information from sites or apps that make use of Google services:
Link to Google Privacy & Terms webpage:
ACCURACY OF INFORMATION
We take all reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy of any personal data or sensitive information that we hold about you. We also consider when it is necessary to update the information, such as name or address changes and you can help us by informing us of these changes when they occur.
If you have a complaint regarding the use of your personal data please contact us by writing to us at our office address or alternatively email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Name: Jon Dickinson
Tel: (028) 90355840
Address: 137 York Road, Belfast, Co. Antrim, BT15 3GZ